Leveraging QR Codes to Drive Traffic to your Website
QR (Quick Response) codes are those barcode-like images that can be scanned by smart-phones, which store more information as compared to conventional barcodes. They can be linked to URLs directly. For example, if you scan the QR code given below, it’ll take you to google.com.
This bar-coding technology is able to easily incorporate social media capabilities, custom landing pages and store text based information such as mailing addresses. These codes can be easily scanned by almost all iPhones, Androids or other camera enabled smart-phones which integrate barcode scanning applications. This will allow you to entice audiences with dynamic engagement strategies.
How your business can incorporate QR codes to build website traffic:
- Print Medium – QR Codes can be printed in newspapers/magazines, posters, CD labels etc, where the person scanning the code can reach the mobile website of the advertiser.
- Websites – These codes can be scanned from the primary website and in turn lead to the mobile website.
- Business Cards - Your potential clients and business associates can scan the QR code on your business card and easily add you to their phone contacts.
- Product Packaging - Incorporating QR codes on the packaging of your products can help provide vital information such as customer care contact details, user manuals and other vital information.
- Direct Marketing and In-Shop Print Advertising - When used in your print advertisements, mass mails or email signatures, QR Codes can help drive traffic and a consequent fan following to your social networking profiles on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Effective Event Management - You can print QR codes on tickets or invites of your event and link them to Google maps, RSVP pages and all other event related material.
Mobile marketing is inexpensive, immediate and personal. It’s a viable new way to create customer loyalty, increase awareness and boost sales. WSI can assist your business to optimise your marketing strategy leveraging this exciting new trend.
The above is an excerpt from our November 2011 WSI Inside Edge newsletter – to receive a copy of the newsletter contact us today. You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter using the form on this page.
If you are interested in learning more about QR Codes and how to incorporate this media into your Digital Marketing Strategy in Trinidad and Tobago, give us a call today (868 390 9251). Also, please share how you are using QR Codes to market your business.