The first thing you need to ask yourself – “Is one of my goals to increase lead generation in Trinidad and Tobago? Chances are, you will answer yes. Now ask yourself “Am I making the most of all my online properties to accomplish this?” If the answer is no, then perhaps taking a closer look at your website would be a good place to begin.
Landing page optimization check
Updated design and regular postings on your site will do a lot to draw leads. But sometimes it’s the nitty-gritty ‘behind the scenes” work that could really provide the boost needed. Here are 3 areas that should be examined, and perhaps adjusted to help your landing page conversion rates.
- Testing: Don’t make the mistake of not doing any testing on your pages. Be certain to use proper page analytics and metrics to determine performance. It’s not recommended to test pages sequentially, instead, run the tests on all of them at the same time.
- Connections: There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on an ad for product A, then being directed to a page about product B. Match your ad message to the proper landing page.
- Purpose: If the landing page is designed to convert prospects into leads by getting them to a conversion page, then it should be devoid of any unecessary information or links. Don’t distract the viewer from the goal.
Ioninteractive.com provides an A-Z approach to improving your page for lead generation. Here are some of the highlights we found useful.
- Buttons – avoid the boring… instead of “submit” describe what they’re accomplishing with the click, like “get the coupon”
- Directional Cues – lead your visitors to the form, or wherever you want them to go. Arrows are obvious… but subtlety works too, try an image of a person looking towards the spot where you want to direct traffic.
- Forms – keep them short and be sure the information required is proportional to the give-away.
- Mobile – make it mobile friendly and size appropriate.
- Progressive profiling – Use the forms on your site to help build prospect files. Try asking new questions each time someone returns to your landing page. Develop a nurture program.
- Targeted – make the landing page ad specific and traffic source specific so it will meet the needs and expectations of your visitors.
Eye catching design is a great way to attract and keep visitors on your site, but paying attention to the details, and functionality will go farther in generating the leads you need.
For an interesting take on “merchandising” your web forms, look at this from mediapost.com
For more information on quality, lead generating websites, contact us today.