It may not be as simple as it seems. Knowing just how social media marketing works, and how best to utilize it, can have a big impact on your social media optimization in Trinidad and Tobago.The following quote out of a recent Convonix social media marketing conference in Mumbai sums it up well. It explains that engagement in social media is more than ads on Facebook or spamming people on Twitter. “It’s a philosophy of being open and interacting with existing, and potential customers”.
There’s no doubt that social media drives much of consumer behavior and influences decisions these days. Consider these statistics.
- Most word of mouth is positive on social media… with 80% of product ratings garnering 4 or 5 out of 5 stars.
- 53% of people on Twitter recommend companies/products in Tweets, with 48% stating their intention to buy.
- 81% received advice from friends through a social site relating to a product purchase, with 74% finding the information influential in their own decisions.
Getting in the game
Developing a plan of action and aligning it with your goals requires assessing your role in the enterprise, and some consideration of why people access social media for business.
- Know the intent of your audience and the reasons they access the various social media channels
- Take stock of your relevance in using Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In and any other platforms
- Understand your industry and competitors and how they are using social media
Once you’ve developed a plan of action, it is vital to integrate your marketing strategy across channels and tie it to your website. Develop a common voice and consistency in your presentation. Conduct a regular, engaging flow of content and commit to monthly reporting of your results.
Monitoring is vital to social media optimization
The statistics above demonstrate the high rate of positive talk on social sites when it comes to reviews…but what if there is a negative review? Don’t fear, instead, use it as an opportunity to address issues. American Express reports 70% of people expect an apology for bad service or support.
If you aren’t monitoring your social media, you miss an opportunity to correct a problem and to keep it from spreading. Go back to the philosophy of being open, and of interacting. Reach out to consumers to have a dialogue, let them be heard, and finally, educate yourself to avoid future problems.
Social media marketing and it’s optimization requires effort, but can truly boost your company’s presence and reputation,and it can generate leads, and inspire new customers and clients. Busy entrepreneurs looking for social media optimization in Trinidad and Tobago may want to hire a firm to develop and conduct a plan… look into it today.