Contact WSI in Trinidad today (868 390 9251) for your Free Consultation.
In a recent presentation, Vishay Singh of Avax Consulting put forward the idea of Socially Facilitated Marketing and Sales. He premised the idea on the following thought by Larry Norman:
“I’m fishing for men (customers and prospects) with a certain kind of bait, and the bait that I am offering is not a candy; it’s a very specific thing that I’m offering, which is a deep gospel and a deep conversion.”
He went on to define Socially Facilitated Marketing and Sales as “the new online layer that needs to be added to businesses that feeds the business with strategic information and measurements … that opens up new relationships and customer interactions.”
He identified the key components of this new online layer as:
- Online Rpeutation Management (ORM)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Analytics
- New Tools
- New Training for the Sales Force
He clarified that it is not just about the “how to use” the tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, but involved the development of a strategy that “marries” traditional off line marketing strategies with online strategies. In his words,
It “is the ability to forge a seamless link between offline and online marketing by” integrating the following elements:
- The 5P’s (Product, Price, Place, Promotion, People),
- The 4C’s (Customer Solution, Customer Cost, Convenience, Communication),
- The 7 Step Traditional Sales Process (Pre Approach, Approach, Needs Assessment, Presentation, Meeting Objectives, Getting Commitment, Follow Up) and
- Dovetailing it with the Customer Buying Process.
Arising out of the aforementioned thoughts, he listed the 10 Foundational Steps for a Socially Facilitated Marketing and Sales Programme as:
- Define and know your Goals
- Build your Organization as a Team
- Online Reputation Management (ORM) Plan
- Understanding the Competitive Landscape
- Knowledge Harvesting of Relevant and Current Knowledge
- Development of appropriate Policies
- Determine and Pilot Specific Marketing Initiatives
- Performance Measurement and Reporting
- Integrated Sales Approach – Getting to the final desired conversion
- Return on Investment (ROI ) – It’s not only about the money!
In terms of the central tool, the foundational stone, on which these 10 Foundation Steps would rest, is a Blog – “Utilize a Blog as your SFM&S Cast Page, as the link between your Social Media layer and your Search layer.” Here is the infographic that Vishay used to illustrate his point:
The Rational: Fundamentally, for B2B, Blogs can generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not Blog and even more for B2C.
Developing an SFM&S Programme can give your company that competitive edge. Contact WSI in Trinidad today (868 390 9251) for your Free Consultation.